All of our behind-the-wheel lessons meet and exceed DMV standards. We not only ensure that the student understands the basics of defensive driving, we equip them with the tools needed to drive smartly and be able to analyze all driving situations and continue to drive safely with consideration for themselves and other drivers on the road.
In our instruction, we enforce a number of necessary skills, including, but not limited to:
- Understanding the controls and features in any car and knowing how to manipulate them
- Scanning the surroundings and the road for any potential hazards
- Smooth turning and signalling
- Braking and accelerating smoothly
- Navigating intersections
- Understanding road signs, lights, and signals
- Understanding right-of-way rules
- Changing lanes
- Driving on the freeway
- Learning to drive in high-speed, high-traffic situations
- Sharing the road with pedestrians and bikers
- Driving attentively and eliminating distractions
- Developing safety habits such as putting on seat-belt, checking mirrors and lights, etc.
We guarantee that after our instruction, even the most inexperienced of drivers will be equipped to drive safely and defensively in all situations on California roads.